SPANISH 3, PART 2
Price: $95 | Credits: 5 | Department: Languages | Course ID# 253-2
This course is the second part of a two-semester course and builds on the foundations of Spanish 1 and 2. The vocabulary covered in Spanish 3 will be more sophisticated and reviewed in more depth. The focus is to build reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. Students will also learn more about the culture of the Spanish speaking world.
Upon completion of this course, the student is awarded 5 credits. Each credit corresponds to 15 hours of study. Of course, some students work more quickly than others, and some can devote more hours to study, so some students are able to complete the course in an accelerated rate.
In this module, students gain a comprehension of the following:
- Advance their vocabulary for sports and hobbies (deportes y pasatiempos). They will review the present and past progressive tenses, demonstrative adjectives and pronouns, as well as possessive adjectives.
- Learn additional vocabulary for travel, the city and directional words. They will learn the grammar topics of impersonal or passive se, present and past perfect tense as well as past participles as adjectives.
- Learn the vocabulary for art, literature and cultural pursuits such as music and dance. They will learn how to form the present subjunctive mood for regular and irregular verbs. In addition, they will learn specific situations where the subjunctive is used such as subjunctive with impersonal expressions, wishes, will and influence and with verbs of emotion.
- Learn the vocabulary to describe technology. They will learn the use of the subjunctive with doubt and uncertainty, non existent or indefinite antecedents, how to use subjunctive or indicative with conjunctions of time and adverbial clauses and finally, the present perfect subjunctive.
- Learn the vocabulary for the environment, including further study of the vocabulary for nature, animals, environmental problems and solutions. They will learn when to use the subjunctive versus the indicative, summarize uses of the subjunctive and how to form it, learn the past (imperfect) subjunctive and finally review si clauses with an emphasis on the imperfect subjunctive.
This course covers the following topics:
- Los Pasatiempos
- Los Viajeros
- El Arte
- La Tecnología
- El Medio Ambiente
- 5 Credits – $95
- Second semester of Spanish 3
- University of California A-G: Yes
- NCAA: Yes