SPANISH 1, PART 2
Price: $95 | Credits: 5 | Dept: Languages | Course ID# 251-2
This is the second semester of Spanish 1 and covers the topics of the use of the verb gustar, likes and dislikes, vocabulary regarding hobbies and past times, irregular verbs, vocubulary for traveling, shopping, daily routines, and food, as well as ser vs. estar, direct object pronouns, and regular and irregular past tense preterite conjugations. Spanish 1 is approved by the University of California A-G as a language other than English (category E).
Upon completion of this course, the student is awarded 5 credits. Each credit corresponds to 15 hours of study. Of course, some students work more quickly than others, and some can devote more hours to study, so some students are able to complete the course in an accelerated rate.
In this module, students gain a comprehension of the following:
- Hobbies and sports in Spanish, expressing likes and dislikes, stem changing verbs, and verbs with irregular “yo” forms.
- Travel and city vocabulary, Ir + a, and the difference between ser and estar, as well as locating places and things.
- Shopping, clothes, and colors in Spanish, as well as the present progressive, direct object pronouns, indirect pronouns, and demonstrative adjectives.
- Vocabulary regarding daily routine, reflexive verbs, the preterite tense, and the past tense for ser and ir.
- Food vocabulary, prepositions and personal “A,” and irregualr preterite verbs.
This course covers the following topics:
- Los pasatiempos
- Los viajes
- Ir de compras
- Las rutinas diarias
- La comida