HEALTH, PART 2
Price: $95 | Credits: 5 | Dept: Health | Course ID# 168-2
This course is the second part in a two-semester course and includes the topics of a healthy foundation, healthy and safe relationships, human body systems, the human life cycle and the stages of growth and development, and personal health care.
Upon completion of this course, the student is awarded 5 credits. Each credit corresponds to 15 hours of study. Of course, some students work more quickly than others, and some can devote more hours to study, so some students are able to complete the course in an accelerated rate.
In this module, students gain a comprehension of the following:
• The basics of what determines good health and wellness.
• Common factors that contribute to a healthy lifestyle.
• How to set goals and how to make responsible decisions.
• To understand what constitutes a healthy relationship, how to respect oneself and others, and peer pressure and refusal skills.
• How to deal with conflict and being able to identify and resist violence, abuse, and bullying.
• To understand what personal hygiene is, as well as the care for skin, hair, nails, teeth, eyes, and ears.
• The knowledge of the body systems, including the skeletal, muscular, nervous, circulatory, respiratory, lymphatic, digestive, excretory, reproductive, integumentary, and endocrine systems.
• A basic understanding of the human life cycle, including heredity and genetics, as well as the stages of life.
• The basics of personal hygiene for maximum health, including how to care for skin, hair, nails, and teeth.
• How to maintain a healthy mouth, eyes, ears, and skin.
This course covers the following topics:
• Promoting Health and Wellness
• Risky Behavior and the Teenage Brain Explained
• Building Health/Life Skills
• Making Responsible Decisions and Setting Goals
• Foundations of Healthy Relationships
• Respecting Yourself and Others
• Healthy Family Relationships and Friendships
• Peer Pressure and Refusal Skills
• Teen Health: Abstinence
• Conflict: Causes and Resolutions
• Understanding Violence
• Preventing and Overcoming Abuse
• The Skeletal System
• The Muscular System
• The Nervous System
• The Circulatory, Respiratory and Lymphatic Systems
• The Digestive and Excretory Systems
• The Endocrine System
• The Male and Female Reproductive Systems
• The Integumentary System
- 5 Credits – $95
- Second semester of Health
- California Approval A-G: No