ENGLISH 12, PART 2
Price: $95 | Credits: 5 | Department: English
This course is the equivalent of the second semester of English 12 and includes the topics of sequencing events, diction, editing, analyzing allegories, using dialogue, reading classic literature, revising, analyzing literature, discovering characterization, looking at dystopian literature, assessing word choice, discovering the paradox, receiving some essay writing tips, and using critical thinking skills.
Upon completion of this course, the student is awarded 5 credits. Each credit corresponds to 15 hours of study. Of course, some students work more quickly than others, and some can devote more hours to study, so some students are able to complete the course in an accelerated rate.
In this module, students gain a comprehension of the following:
- Improve upon their writing skills so that they can produce exceptional expository, persuasive, and personal narrative essays.
- Be able to understand how to vary sentences in their writing, be able to understand sentence structure, and how to be consistent with verb tenses.
- How to evaluate allegories and paradoxes and be able to create their own using their critical thinking skills.
- Be able to analyze dystopian literature and make connections from the text to their own life experiences.
- Be able to synthesize literature and develop a persuasive argument regarding the author’s choices in the texts.
This course covers the following topics:
- Sequence of Events
- The Plot Line
- Grammar Review – Sentence Variation, Sentence Structure,
- Verb Tense Consistency
- Editing and Revising
- Author’s Style
- Analyzing Literature
- Author’s Choices
- Dystopian Literature
- Literary Techniques
- Point of View
- Word Choice
- Essar Writing Tips
- Critical Thinking
- Assigned books: Charles Dickens- “Great Expectations”, Oscar Wilde- “The Happy Prince” “The Selfish Giant’ “The Devoted Friend”, J.R. Tolkein-”The Fellowship of the Ring”, and George Orwell-”1984”
- 5 Credits – $95
- First semestor of English 12
- California Approval A-G: Yes